What legal compliance information do I need to show on my website?
There are several legal pages and notices that your company may need on your website, depending on the nature of your business and the applicable laws in your jurisdiction. Thankfully, for most businesses, you can tailor boilerplate documents to your needs rather than start from scratch.
South Sound Digital can help you create these documents, publish them to the site and even automatically update them as new laws and regulations come into effect. Making sure that you are always in compliance and up to date.
Here are some of the most common legal notices you will need on a website:
- Terms and Conditions: A terms and conditions agreement outlines the rules and regulations governing the use of your website and any services or products offered through it.
- Disclaimer: A disclaimer informs users that the information on your website is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered legal or professional advice.
- Copyright Notice: A copyright notice informs users that your website content is protected by copyright law and that they may not reproduce or use it without permission.
- Trademark Notice: A trademark notice informs users that your company’s trademarks and logos are protected by trademark law and may not be used without permission.
- DMCA Notice: A DMCA notice provides information on how users can report instances of copyright infringement on your website.
- FTC Disclosure: An FTC disclosure informs users about any financial relationships or other affiliations your company may have with third-party products or services that are mentioned or recommended on your website.
- Accessibility Statement: An accessibility statement outlines the steps your company has taken to make your website accessible to people with disabilities.
It’s important to note that the legal requirements for websites can vary by jurisdiction, so it’s best to consult with a legal professional in your area to ensure that your website is compliant with applicable laws and regulations.